Divorce, Custody and Family Law
Divorce is normally divided into 2 types of cases: Contested and Non-contested.
No Contest Divorce:
- We do a settlement agreement for you that allows for a divorce after just one hearing.
- We understand that in these cases it is not about a fight but rather about moving on!
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Property Disputes
These are the "big 3" areas that people fight over when ending a marital relationship. Mr. Erickson is a battle-tested Divorce and Family Court Attorney, with over 18 years of trial experience in the Beaufort, SC and Hilton Head, SC areas, who knows the art of persuasion when making legal arguments in front of a judge.
Grounds for Divorce:
The South Carolina Family Law Code Section 20-3-10 says that a divorce may only be filed under the following grounds:
- Desertion for a period of one (1) year
- Physical Cruelty
- Habitual Drunkenness
- Living separate and apart for a period of one (1) year.
If you need assistance with completing a Divorce (Contested or Non Contested), Fighting for Custody, or dealing with Family Court please contact us today!